Sunday 10 July 2011

Some odds and solds.

If you're a Who fan, you should get that title. (Reads Odds and Sods, a Who album)

Didn't get much done over the weekend. BUT after seeing the Black Keys this weekend I think my next project is going to be a fuzz pedal... maybe a tonebender?

Anyways, what I did get done was soldering up my boards.

So the main board is pretty straightforward. It just has the signal path and the biasing circuits. No power supply or filter business on this. I made sure to give a decent amount of space between resistors and the electrolytic capacitors. Heat and electrolytics don't mix.

Main board.

So I've been playing around with how much space I'll have inside my chassis and it's not that much. So for my LED power indicator circuit, I've come up with mounting a little protoboard on the other side of my main board. Saves a fair bit of space and it hides those silicon diodes.

LED rectifier and bias circuit.
So you can probably see but the circuit for my indicator LED is a full bridge rectifier, a 51 ohm bias resistor in series with the LED and then a 220uF cap in shunt with the resistor and LED. Power will come from the 6.3V filament windings off the power transformer.



So chassis metal work is next. Then I guess I'll find out if all this stuff really will fit.

EDIT: Mounting the LED power board on the side of the chassis. I found some space! And I'm going to tap off of it for 6VDC to power a fan or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment